As you may seek, here I am going to share how to setup VPN and connect on Windows 10. Online security has now become very much of people’s concern. Hence, many people choose to use VPN for a more secure online experience.
As you may have known, Windows 10 has its own built-in VPN client. Like on the other platform, such as VPN setup on Android, people still have no idea how to set up and connect VPN on Windows 10 PC. For some other people, how to setup and connect VPN on Windows 10 seems to be a difficult task to do. Additionally, they concern about how much time it will take to do the setup, and whether it is difficult or not. Well, apparently this is not that complex.
Do not be worry, how to setup VPN on Windows 10 is not as complicated as you thought before. Approximately, it only takes about 20 minutes. Worth trying, regarding the online security you will get. In order to perform the appropriate VPN setup on Windows 10, you have to understand the two fundamental methods. They are: how to create a VPN profile and how to connect to the VPN.
How To Create VPN Profile On Windows 10 PC
As previously mentioned, you will have to create VPN profile to perform and complete how to setup and connect VPN on Windows 10 PC. Here I summarize the steps as below:
- From your Windows 10 home, press on the Start button menu >> Settings
- After that, select the “Network & Internet” >> “VPN” >> “Add a VPN Connection“
- Click the drop-down menu below the “VPN Provider“, select “Windows (built-in)“.
- Find the “Connection name” section, and name the connection as you desire. My advice is to create a name that is easy for you to remember.
- “Server name and address“. In this field, type the server name that you connect. You can find it from your VPN service. The server name is usually like a URL address and followed by the VPN name you use.
- “VPN service“. In this drop-down menu, select one that your VPN service use.
- Next, you need to set the “Type of sign-in info“. This is a drop-down menu that provides you with options to select. I suggest you use the “Username and password” option which is the most normal option to use. Please understand that each VPN provider may have different sign-in methods, therefore, please check and confirm with the VPN provider you use.
- Click “Save” when you have finished.
Setup And Connect VPN On Windows 10
After completing the creation of VPN profile as above steps, the next thing to do to complete the VPN setup on your Windows 10 PC is to connect the VPN on your PC. Here below is how to connect a VPN on Windows 10 PC.
- From your Windows 10 home screen, click the Start button and go to Settings.
- On the popping up menu “Network & Internet“, find and select the “VPN option“. There, you will see the VPN option that you have created before.
- Select the VPN you created before and click “Connect“. Done, and you shall connect to the VPN on your Windows 10.
If you concern about your online security, VPN is going to be a wise option to choose. Maybe, you are thinking about how complicated it is to do the VPN setup on your Windows 10 PC. But, having read this, try to do it. It will take approximately only 20 minutes to complete the VPN setup on your Windows 10 PC. Please, have a try!