Having launched the VPN service on Google one for Android, many people are wondering how to use Google one’s VPN service. So, here we are discussing and sharing about it.
Some of you may have heard about Google one’s plan of allowing VPN service on several devices. From what we heard before, the company was going to serve the VPN for Android, iOS, and many other operating systems. But as of now, Google one’s VPN service is still set only for Android first. While, for the other platforms or operating systems, such as iOS, we will have to wait until the official announcement from the company. But worry not, since Google is planning to expand to other platforms in the coming time soon.
Imagine, how would this be interesting and beneficial when you can use VPN from Google one. I believe this will strengthen your online security when you are using VPN by Google one. So, if you are into this objective, getting Google one service would be a nice option to take. Moreover, when you are registering for the Google One service with only $ 9.99/month plan, it is already along with the VPN and 2TB storage. Note, this applies to the U.S only.
Now, the question is what are the requirements to use Google one’s VPN for Android? There are three major requirements you have to fulfill to be able to use Google one’s VPN service, they are as follow:
- You have to prepare the Android device.
- Chrome operating system with Android apps support.
- You have to be on Google One’s service with at least 2TB storage or higher. As previously mentioned the 2TB storage of Google One service will only cost you $ 9.99 per month.
Setting Google One’s VPN on Android
If you have fulfilled all those requirements, you are ready to set and use Google One’s VPN on your Android. Here is how to do it:
- Open your Google One app.
- Right under the “Online protection with a VPN” on your home screen, tap the “Enable VPN” button.
- After that, you will be taken to the next page with the title “VPN by Google One“.Find the “Enable VPN” toggle and tap on it to turn on the VPN protection.
- Done and you will get the VPN protection confirmation as notification is displayed on your notification panel.
Using VPN service will definitely increase your internet connection security. By the launching of Google One’sVPN service, I believe that it will help you to strengthen your Android internet security.
Even though Google One VPN service is still limited to Android in the United States, but soon the service will be developed for other platforms. Such as iOS and Windows. So, it worth trying and waiting if you really care about your internet connection security.