How can you create animated GIF in Photoshop fast and easily? Making an animated GIF file is not as difficult as you imagined before. Here I am going to share the fast and easy way how to create an animated GIF in photoshop on Windows OS.
As you may have well understood, a GIF file normally has a smaller size compared to other moving picture or video files. Though, since it only allows for a simple and short duration, it is, therefore, best only for simple text or shapes. Due to the file size compression to be smaller, it will be faster to be uploaded. Hence, many people choose to use an animated GIF file on some chat messengers to replace the emoji.
So, let’s start and see how you can make an animated GIF in photoshop quickly and simply.
Easily Create GIF in Photoshop
- Open your Photoshop and open the image. Go to: File >> Open.
In here you can choose the file you want to use from your folder. Click “Open” after you decide on the image you choose.
- After you open the image, please duplicate it several times as you want. In this step, you will want to edit some of the duplicate images to create a moving effect on your later GIF result.
- Find and click on the “Window” menu at the top side of your screen and then click on the “Timeline” menu.
- You will see “Create frame animation” at the bottom, click on it.
- Find the menu at the right-bottom-corner of your image layer, click on it, and click again on the “Make frames from layers” menu.
- See the images at the bottom-left side and customize them. You can set the time duration of each image layer.
- You can also set the how many time your GIF file to be played from the menu as below screenshot.
- Hit the “Play” button to check whether it is what you want as the animated GIF file.
- After that, go to: File >> Export >> Save for Web (Legacy) >> Save
- Done! Your animated GIF file is now ready!
As some of you may need to use animated GIF files for certain purposes, it will be great if you can make it on your own using Photoshop. On some chat messengers, people usually use GIF files as stickers to replace emoji to bring more lively chats.
Before knowing how to create GIF file using Photoshop, many people think it is difficult to make. Since there is actually a fast and easy way to create animated GIF in photoshop, you can create any GIF stickers as you want. Hpeully it helps!