Even though people are keen on listening to music from Spotify, many are looking for how to stop Spotify automatic startup on Windows 10. As of many people’s opinions, they tend to have the app start only when they want to. How one would not be feeling annoyed with the automatic start-up of Spotify on Windows 10 when they are rushing on doing certain tasks on their Windows 10 PC? Of course, it will be quite an annoyance in that sort of situation. Hence, if you are one of those people, you are in the right place.
Spotify is a place where you can enjoy any kind of music you want. It has become a very handful app for music maniac as it provides you with various options anywhere you want without consuming too much of your device’s internal memory. As long as you have an internet connection, any music genres, podcasts are there for you to listen to. Awesome!
Though, some of you may question why your Spotify keeps on automatically starting up on your Windows 10 PC. Well, this is actually not an issue at all. Since Spotify default setting on Windows 10 PC is that auto startup function. In addition, the app comes up with an auto-start setting when you first download and install Spotify for the first time.
But the problem is that it is annoying to be always having Spotify automatically open whenever you start your Windows 10 PC. Therefore, here I am trying to share the way you can do to stop Spotify automatic startup on your Windows 10 PC.
Here are some methods you can do to stop Spotify automatic startup on Windows 10 PC
Setting the Spotify Automatic Startup from the Windows Task Manager
The first thing you can do to disable Spotify auto startup on your Windows 10 is from your task manager. When you choose to do it, you will need to follow the below steps:
- Open your Windows Task Manager. These are what you can do to open your Windows Task Manager: Right-click on your Windows taskbar >> Select “Task Manager“, or press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC, or press CTRL + ALT + DEL and choose the “Task Manager“.
- Click the “Startup” tab. Or else, find the “More Details” menu.
- Find the Spotify, right-click, and select “Disable“.
Additionally, from the taskbar, you can also do a similar thing to other programs if you do not want any of them to start automatically after you boot your Windows 10 PC.
Disable the Spotify Automatic Startup from Spotify’s Setting
Another way to stop the auto start of your Spotify on your Windows PC is to set it from the app’s setting itself. Here how to do it.
- Open Spotify >> click on the Spotify menu at the top-left corner.
- Select the “Edit” option >> “Preferences“.
- When it is opened, find the “Show Advanced Setting” button at the bottom, and click on it.
- Find the “Startup and Windows Behavior” >> “Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer” >> Select “No” from the dropdown menu next to it.
This is what you can do to disable Spotify auto startup from the Spotify internal setting.
The program’s auto startup can be very helpful for some people on some occasions. Nonetheless, many people find it annoying. So that they prefer not to have any program to start automatically when they log into their PC. Therefore, those two methods are what you can do to stop Spotify auto-start on your Windows 10 PC.