Easy Ways Connecting Airpods And Homepod To MacBook
Is it possible connecting Airpods and Homepod to Macbook? Airpod is a wireless headphone product from Apple. If you have tried to use other wireless headphones, you need to try the airpod. Apple Airpod has fabulous sound quality and longer battery durability.
Some people may think that Airpod and Homepod can only connect to the iPhone. It is correct that both Airpod and Homepod are specialized to connect with iPhone, but both devices are also compatible to connect with Macbook.
Now, what should you do if you want to connect Airpod and Homepod with other devices? Is it possible to connect them with the other computers? In this case, is Macbook? Let us discuss this further here.
Before going further on the setting for connecting the Airpods and Homepod to Macbook, it is essential for you to set the Audio Control on your Mac device.
Do setting the Audio Control on your Mac device
First of all, before heading to do the setting for easy ways connecting Airpods and Homepod to Macbook, it is important for you to set the Mac Audio control. Why? Because it will be easier for you to proceed with the next steps in order to connect the Airpods and Homepod to Macbook or other devices. In addition, the menu to do the setting for simpler steps connecting Airpods and Homepod to Macbook is blended in the Audio Control menu.
Hence, when you set the Audio Control menu to appear in the menu bar by default. Originally, the audio control is not shown. Therefore, you need to set it up so that it will be easier to see and access. It will be easier for future settings whenever you want to connect the Airpods and Homepod to Macbook.
Enabling the Audio Control on Your MacBook
To enable the Audio Control in your Mac device, you will need to follow the below steps:
- Go to “System Preference” and open it.
- Point your pointer on the “Sound” and click it.
- You will be taken to the next menu.
- Find the “Output” and click it.
- At the bottom of the menu bar, you will see a small white square before the “Show volume in menu bar”. Tick or check that small white square as shown pointed with a red arrow on the below screenshot.
Connecting Airpods and HomePod to MacBook Pro
If you are iPhone or Apple Watch user, and you have also used the AirPods or HomePod, you must have known well how easy to connect AirPod to iPhone or Apple Watch. A little bit different compare to connecting AirPod or HomePod with iPhone, when you want to connect AirPod or HomePod to MacBook you will need to do a little more steps.
Connecting AirPods to MacBook Pro
First of all, you need to have your AirPod set already. How to set your Airpods? You can use your iPhone to set the Airpods and follow the below instructions:
- Go to the Home screen of your iPhone.
- Open the case of the Airpods and hold it near (next) to your iPhone. (You will see the pop up of setup animation on your iPhone).
- Tap the “Connect” button and “Done”.
- For 2nd generation of the Airpods, you can use the “Hey Siri” feature provided that you have already done the “Hey Siri” setup.
After completing the set up of your Airpod, there are several things you need to do for connecting your AirPod to MacBook.
- Turn the Bluetooth On.
- Set the Audio Control on your MacBook as previously discussed.
- Select the “Volume” icon.
- Choose the “AirPods” on the output device.
Connecting Homepod to MacBook
Even though Homepod is a smart speaker, to be able to use it you will need to do some settings. There are several requirements you need to fulfill for connecting Homepod to Macbook:
- Make sure that your MacBook and Homepod are in the same wifi network.
- You have to use at least the Sierra operating system.
After making sure upon the above things, there are two ways on connecting homepod to MacBook. They are through the Airplay in the volume control and Airplay via iTunes.
Connecting Homepod to MacBook Through Airplay via iTunes.
- Open the “Tunes”.
- After that play any song you want.
- Find the Airplay icon or button between the album art and the volume bar. Click on the Icon.
- Select the Homepod speaker in order to send the audio to the Homepod (or you can choose any other connected speaker). ** It is possible to connect with multiple speakers if you wish to.
Connecting Homepod to MacBook through Volume Control
- Ensure that you have turned the Bluetooth on.
- Set the Volume control in the menu bar (as previously discussed at the beginning of this article).
- Open the Volume Control by clicking it.
- Select the Homepod speaker in order to connect the MacBook with the Homepod and enable the audio through the Homepod.
As technology always develops, Apple comes up with Airpods and Homepod. Both Airpods and Homepod enable us to enjoy music or any audio wireless. From a sound quality point of view, both produce good end enjoyable sound quality. Nevertheless, in order to be able to use them, there are several requirements and steps you need to do as suggested above. I hope it will help you if you are confused about connecting Airpod and Homepod to MacBook. If there is anything you do not understand or suggestion, please feel free to share in the comment box below.