How To Download Whatsapp Status Updates in Android 8.0 (Oreo) | 9.0 (Pie)
How to Download Whatsapp Status Updates in Android? I am sure that if you are reading this, you are Whatsapp users. And I am also sure that you are so much familiar with Whatsapp status updates or stories, don’t you?
In regards to that, many people are wondering how to download Whatsapp status updates or stories. Many of you may also want to save Whatsapp photo or video status updates in your gallery.
Well, Whatsapp status updates can be in the form of pictures/photos or videos.Here, I am going to share my experience on how to download Whatsapp photo and video status updates for you.
Save Photos from Whatsapp Status Updates
- First of all, go to your Whatsapp and please make sure that you have seen or watch the status updates.
- Close the Whatsapp and open your Android File Manager and go to “Settings“.
- From this section turn ON the “Show hidden files“. By doing this, you will be able to see and access all of your files (including the hidden files). Go back to your File Manager.
- Find the Whatsapp folder >> Media >> .Statuses (open this folder). You will find the photos from the status updates that you want to save in this folder. You can recognize the photos from the file extension (usually .JPG).
- Press and hold on the photos you want to download and move it to the folder you want.
That is the simplest way to download Whatsapp photos status updates in Android to your phone without additional application.
Download Whatsapp Video Stories in Android
To download video status updates is also very simple. It is just so much similar to the above steps on downloading photos status updates.
- Open your Whatsapp app and watch the video status updates you want to download.
- Go to your File Explorer >> Settings >> Show Hidden Files (turn ON).
- From File Explorer go to Whatsapp >> Media >> .statuses . You will find the video status updates in this folder. You can recognize them from the file extension (usually .mp4).
- Copy or Cut the video and move it to the folder you want. After that, you will find it in your gallery.
Even without additional application, now you can save the Whatsapp status updates from your contacts. Not limited to photos, you can also download the video status updates. Hence, now you can open and watch any funny or memorable photos or videos status anytime you want from your gallery.
Anyway, if you are interested to use alternative app aside from the normal Whatsapp, you can use GB Whatsapp. The difference between the normal Whatsapp and GB Whatsapp is that there are some features in GB Whatsapp that normal Whatsapp doesn’t serve.