How To Install Windows 10 From USB
We all understand that most PC or laptops around the globe are using Windows operating system. As one of the pioneers in IT and computer-related stuff, Windows has gained its fame around the world. Even though there are some other operating systems in the market, Windows is still standing tall. Though, Windows keeps on doing the update in the software. They keep on releasing the new versions of the operating system in order to bring better features for the users. Nevertheless, many people do not understand the detail of what is in the operating system itself. This is because they are only focusing on how to use the operating system. Here, we are going to discuss one of the most important steps before using the operating system. We are going to focus on how to install Windows 10 from USB step by step so that you can easily follow when you want to do the installation on your PC or laptop.
Preparation To Install Windows 10 from USB
Before going into more detail, there are several things to prepare and understand before doing the installation. Please pay attention below.
The Reasons To Use USB
For several reasons, nowadays not all PCs or laptops are equipped with a DVD drive. Maybe one of the reasons is to minimize the cost. Based on this reason, to install applications using USB is the win-win solution. Including installing the operating system.
When we are talking about the USB drive, it is now on nearly all PCs or laptops. Further to this, to install Windows 10 from a USB is much more practical. You do not need to bring a DVD master program. I believe USB is much simpler compared to DVD. In addition to that, to install using the USB is faster than using the DVD.
USB device Requirement
1. USB Drive Minimum Capacity
There are some requirements of the USB drive you need to understand if you want to install Windows 10 from USB. One of them is that you have to prepare a USB pen drive with at least 8GB of storage capacity. This is because the master program itself requires at least this much of space.
2. USB Supports UEFI
Additionally to the minimum USB drive capacity, please make sure that the USB drive you are going to use supports the UEFI booting.
What is UEFI? UEFI stands from Unified Extensible Firmware Interface. This is actually similar to BIOS in the older era of computer technology. UEFI has the same function as BIOS, which is to support the booting process of the PC or laptops.
3. Make Sure USB is Bootable
Before going to the installation steps, please ensure that the USB you are going to use to install Windows 10 from USB is bootable. Therefore, you need to format the USB drive to make sure that the USB drive is clean from other unneeded files.
One of the simplest ways to install Windows 10 from USB is by using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Thus, there are you need to enable the feature accessible from the USB drive.
- First of all, please create the Windows 10 Installation media. Please follow THIS LINK. Click the “Download tool now” button.
- Save it on your computer. (the file saved will be: MediaCreationTool1903.exe). Find the file in the download destination folder and launch it by double-clicking the file. Hit “Accept” when requested.
- After that, there will be two options presented to you: Upgrade this PC now and Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC. Select the Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC option as below screenshot and press “Next”.
- Choose your language preference, Windows version (in this case is Windows 10), and the architecture of the system to be installed. If the option you desired does not work, please remember to tick the “Use the recommended options for this PC” to follow the suggested option from the system. Click “Next”
- The next step is to choose the USB Flash Drive and click “Next” (please see below image). The phase of preparing the bootable USB installer will take some times, it depends on the internet connection you are using. It is because there is certain GB data to install.
- Safely remove the USB after this process is completed
The Steps To Install Windows 10 from USB
After finishing to prepare the bootable USB, now you are ready to do the installation from the USB drive, please carefully follow the below steps:
- Insert the USB drive to the PC or laptop you desired to install the Windows 10.
- Turn ON the PC or laptop (you will need to wait for the PC or laptop to detect the USB drive)
- In case of the above method the PC or laptop does not detect the USB drive, turn OFF the PC or Laptop and turn it ON again while pressing the key to access the UEFI or BIOS booting.
- With this, the Windows 10 Media Installer will be detected and you are now set to install the Windows 10 operating system.
- Hit the installation wizard, follow it and the installation will perform (please wait until it is completed).
It is now possible to install Windows 10 from USB. Compare to the old method that you have to use the DVD drive, to use the USB drive is much more practical. Moreover, the current PC or laptops are already equipped with a USB drive but not with the DVD drive.
Even when there are several things you need to prepare before the installation, it is still worth trying. Hopefully, this can help you in doing the Windows 10 installation. Please feel free to add if you have different experiences in the comment box below.