Mi Drop File Transfer from Android to Windows PC –There used to be only limited ways to transfer data from one device to another. There were only Bluetooth, infra-red and also a cable to do the data transfer. As technology develops, there are more options we can use to transfer data. Here, we are going to focus on Mi Drop File Transfer from Android to Windows PC.
Xiaomi is the developer of the Mi Drop application. As we know, Xiaomi in a Chinese mobile phone brand that has come to fame after all the specifications and strength it offers. Not only for transferring files between mobile phones, but we can also use Mi Drop to transfer files between PC and Android devices.
Xiaomi Mi Drop File Transfer Application
As previously explained, we can use Xiaomi Mi Drop for files or data transfer. Not only file transfer between smartphones, but we can also use Mi Drop to transfer files from Android to Windows PC. Even Mi Drop was firstly developed by Xiaomi and bundled with the release of the MIU17 version, Mi Drop is not exclusively only for the Xiaomi device. Rather than that, Mi Drop is now available in the Playstore which means it can be installed to other Android devices aside from Xiaomi.
Xiaomi Mi Drop Features
For the need for data or file transfer, Mi Drop is not limited to the transfer file between Android devices only. Here are more features of the Mi Drop:
- Friendly user interface. Some applications may have a detailed interface that sometimes even confuses the users. Unlike those kinds of applications, Mi Drop has a friendly user interface that is convenient for the users.
- You can use Mi Drop to transfer many kinds of file types. For instance, images, audio, video, APKs and many other kinds of files.
- Faster file transfer. Compare to other file transfer applications, Mi Drop will transfer your file in a blink of an eye.
- A file transfer resume is possible. If you encounter interruption during the file transfer process, it is always possible to resume the process in Mi Drop.
Transferring File Using Mi Drop in Windows PC
To be able to use MiDrop in the Windows PC you will have to use the FTP to connect your PC to your Mi Drop.
- First of all, you need to search the MI Drop application in the Google Play and install it in your Android smartphone. You have to do it if your Xiaomi smartphone is not using the MIUI 9+. Because for the MIUI 9+ version there is already the Mi Drop file transfer application.
- After completing the above process, please connect your PC and smartphone to the same wifi. If you do not connect your PC and smartphone to the same Wifi, you will not be able to perform the file transfer using the Mi Drop.
- Open the Mi Drop application in your smartphone after you connect your PC and smartphone to the same Wifi. Tap the drop-down menu (three dots icon in the right corner of the Mi Drop interface), tap the “Connect to the computer”. Please see the below image:
- After that, tap the “Start” option at the bottom. Then, you will need to choose the storage location (Internal Memory or SD Card). Choose the storage location you want. You will get the FTP address. Remember or note this FTP address because you will need it for the next step.
- Open your computer file explorer. Here you will see the address bar at the top of the page. Please type/input the FTP address you previously note from the previous step. Wait until the loading finish. After that, you will see the files you save on the smartphone. You can now copy/cut and paste the file you want. Next, you can transfer the data both from the smartphone to the PC and the other way around.
- After finishing the file or data transfer, tap the “STOP” button at the bottom of the Mi Drop Application interface.
- You can also set the FTP connection with a password. This is for the sake of security connection reasons. To set the password of the FTP connection, go to setting from the “Connect to Computer” menu >> Sign In Anonymously (turn OFF) >> enter the user name and password you want >> Save.
If you need a video tutorial on how to install Xiaomi Mi Drop in Android or PC, please check below youtube video:
Nowadays, there are various options for file transfer need. Mi Drop is one of the alternatives to use. Considering its handiness and practical use, Xiaomi Mi Drop is one recommended application.
Besides, it is from a trusted developer with a helpful feature for file transfer purposes across platforms. If you have anything to add regarding how to use Xiaomi Mi Drop to transfer file from Android to PC, please feel free to leave your comment below.